DataConverter 12.0 (1.2 meg) - Released DATE - This is the latest DataConverter for WN Help Desk Web.
Download MDAC - The required Microsoft Data Access Components support files.You may already have installed these MDAC support files with another Microsoft application. If not, you will need to download and install the MDAC support to use the DataConverter.
Using the DataConverter
After installing the MDAC support and installing the DataConverter, you are ready to convert your current database to the new format. Use the following procedure to update your database:
- You need to create your new database on the SQL Server and run the latest scripts to create the new data format before running the DataConverter.
- If you are importing data from a Microsoft Access MDB file, make a local copy of the MDB file to perform the conversion locally.
- Make sure you have a backup of your current database before beginning.
- Start the DataConverter application and click the Continue button after reading the information on the first screen.
- Select the type of source database type. For an Access MDB file browse to the location of the file. For an SQL Server, enter the database connection information. Also, if you wish to import any files attached to tickets in your current application you will need to select the folder where the files are stored. Click Continue to move to the next step.
- Enter the connection information to connect to your newly-created SQL Server database and click Continue.
- You will be prompted with a final warning that any information in the target database will be purged prior to the import. If you agree to this click Yes to begin the import.
The import process can take anywhere from a few minutes for a small database to a few hours. This will also depend on the speed of the network connection between your workstation and the target SQL Server. You will see the progress of each table as it is migrated.
You are now ready to use your new database with the new version of the application.